Its time for some slurpy paneer pulao... Paneer just goes with anything and here we will see how wonderful its going to taste with some rice.. With no further ado, here you go -- recipe of this mouth watering item..
|Basmathi Rice||:||250 gm|
|Onions (Medium Sized)||:||3|
|Cinnamon ( Long stick)||:||1|
|Bay Leaf (Long)||:||1|
|White Pepper||:||To Taste|
- Cook rice in pressure cooker adding little salt and one spoon of butter for one whistle and keep aside. Once the pressure is released , spread the cooked rice in a large plate and let it cool. Alternately can cook rice in Rice Cooker also.
- Cut paneer into cubes and fry them with little butter. Soak it in little warm water. Keeping the paneer cubes in warm water will soften it.
- In a pan heat oil and butter and add cinnamon, bay leaf , cardamom, cloves and let them splutter. Then add onions and fry till golden brown. Add salt and fry for some 3 mins.
- Add the this to the rice plate along with the fried paneer(of course after draining the water) and mix well. Finally add white pepper powder . Now your Paneer Pulao is ready to be served.While mixing use a fork so that the rice grains would not break.
Tips & Tricks :
1. Onions split/ cut into thin long pieces will makes it good looking.
2. White pepper should be added only after removing the food from flame as it will turn the food to taste bitter.
3. Kids never say a no for Paneer. Exhibit your creativity while cutting the Paneer especially while serving this to Kids - Triangle, Hearts , Rings ..... who stops you.Even kids who don't like will ask for another round.
4. Can be accompanied by Dhal, side dish , Papad and obviously Raitha.