Eager to watch my version of presenting "life of pie"? Here you go on how I succeeded in preparing Crispy Bread Apple Pie in Pressure Cooker.With no Oil and very less butter.
For the crust :
|White Bread Slices||:||2|
|Cinnamon Powder/Dalchini||:||2 tsp|
|Vanilla Essence||:||1 tsp|
For the crust :
- Take white bread.Remove the brown ends.
- Roll it thin using a rolling pin.
- Take a small cup (preferably with a smooth finish ). Grease it with butter.
- Carefully Press and spread the rolled bread in the cup similar to how we line bowls with butter paper.Don't worry if it breaks up as another press would join them together.If you get a fold,press them together to make it a single layer.Slightly spread some butter on top of the bread.
- Meanwhile preheat the pressure cooker.Place the slotted plate which usually comes with the cooker.Close the lid without the washer and weight.Heat it in High Flame for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the stove to simmer and carefully place the cup and close.Wait for about 20 to 30 minutes.Take it out and let it cool in room temperature.
For the stuffing:
- Peel and remove the seeds of green apple and cut it into small cubes.
- Add Cinnamon Powder , Lemon Juice ,Vanilla essence , Sugar and salt to it. Stir it and leave it for 3 minutes.
- Saute this mixture in medium flame till apple gets cooked and the syrup gets separated.Enjoy the nice aroma :) .
Building the pie:
- Stuff the baked bread with the apple mixture.
- Carefully roll the edges previously cut from the bread.
- Cover the stuffing horizontally and then across.Slightly dip the edges of the rolled pieces in water which will help us to stick it to the tart shell in just a press.
- Slightly grease the cups again and place the stuffed shells and carefully place them in preheated cooker in simmer for 20 minutes.
- Check if the top layer of bread gets slightly brown and hard.If it is still soft,let it remain heated for some more time.
- Take it out and serve warm.Crispy Apple Pie is ready.
Tips & Tricks:
- You can use brown bread instead of white bread.
- I used a soft bread .So it was easy to use to use the brown edges.If the edges are very hard , you can roll another bread and cut them into long thin slices.
- Adding Vanilla essence is optional.
- Diabetic can skip sugar and adding salt is also optional .
- You can add honey instead of sugar.
- Can cut the apple into thin slices instead of cubes.
- Red apple can also be used instead of green apple.